Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sane next?
Mourinho is the factor, you myopic twat! Yes Dortmund may be better than United now on the pitch but they're not bigger than United.
(29-06-2016, 03:10 PM)Rotimi Wrote: Mourinho is the factor, you myopic twat! Yes Dortmund may be better than United now on the pitch but they're not bigger than United.

If you didn't noticed the history or the size of the club is not important to players for years now. Like I said he went to weaker team that is what it's funny to me.
(29-06-2016, 12:39 PM)bayern Wrote: The think here that is funny. I understand why Hummels went to Bayern (even if I wouldn't be Bayern fan), I partially understand why Gundogan went to City but I don't understand why Mkhitaryan went to a team that is worse then team he played for and don't even play in CL. That is something people should argue about and not why players are leaving Dortmund for Bayern.

He wants to play for a bigger club, for a world class manager, he's approaching his prime and wants another challenge, has a realistic chance of winning major honours before he hangs up his boots.  he likely doesnt see that happening in germany, you can't blame him really, every year dortmunds best players leave for bayern, among other top clubs . bayern gets stronger while dortmund get weaker. 
there is no doubt Jose will make United a force again, maybe Micky wants to be a part of that, its a no brainer Biggrin

out of interest, if he wasnt in the last year of his contract, how much would a player of his quality be worth in todays martket?
(29-06-2016, 03:46 PM)Mike Smalling Wrote: He wants to play for a bigger club, for a world class manager, he's approaching his prime and wants another challenge, has a realistic chance of winning major honours before he hangs up his boots.  

out of interest, if he wasnt in the last year of his contract, how much would a player of his quality be worth in todays martket?

world class manager, realistic chance of winning major honours Rofl

Obviously it's money, as United probably pay him double of what BVB can pay.

As for the worth, he had a season similar to De Bruyne 14/15, goals in double figures and something like 30+ assists in all competitions.
He'd surely be going for >50m pounds.

He's been flopping badly the year before though and I think he#s tempting fate with a move to a club where such high expectations are coupled with so little actual footballing perspective.
Basically everyone moving to United at the moment are in grave danger of ruining their careers, which of course is tolerable if you get more money than you possbily could've gotten elsewhere.
(29-06-2016, 04:18 PM)Hans_Dampf Wrote:
(29-06-2016, 03:46 PM)Mike Smalling Wrote: He wants to play for a bigger club, for a world class manager, he's approaching his prime and wants another challenge, has a realistic chance of winning major honours before he hangs up his boots.  

world class manager, realistic chance of winning major honours Rofl

Obviously it's money, as United probably pay him double of what BVB can pay.

As for the worth, he had a season similar to De Bruyne 14/15, goals in double figures and something like 30+ assists in all competitions.
He'd surely be going for >50m pounds.

He's been flopping badly the year before though and I think he#s tempting fate with a move to a club where such high expectations are coupled with so little actual footballing perspective.
Basically everyone moving to United at the moment are in grave danger of ruining their careers, which of course is tolerable if you get more money than you possbily could've gotten elsewhere.

He probably wont win anything in his first season here, who knows, but he certainly has a chance of adding medals to his CV under a world class manager like Jose. he probably doesnt see that happening in germany though. United fans have been used to mediocrity in the last three years, so no....we dont have high expectations of him, but he'll certainly be an upgrade to Lingard on the right flank Biggrin
(29-06-2016, 03:46 PM)Mike Smalling Wrote:
(29-06-2016, 12:39 PM)bayern Wrote: The think here that is funny. I understand why Hummels went to Bayern (even if I wouldn't be Bayern fan), I partially understand why Gundogan went to City but I don't understand why Mkhitaryan went to a team that is worse then team he played for and don't even play in CL. That is something people should argue about and not why players are leaving Dortmund for Bayern.

He wants to play for a bigger club, for a world class manager, he's approaching his prime and wants another challenge, has a realistic chance of winning major honours before he hangs up his boots.  he likely doesnt see that happening in germany, you can't blame him really, every year dortmunds best players leave for bayern, among other top clubs . bayern gets stronger while dortmund get weaker. 
there is no doubt Jose will make United a force again, maybe Micky wants to be a part of that, its a no brainer Biggrin

Zero because they wouldn't sell if he had longer contract and like I said in another post they crippled themselfs when they signed 3 of their 5 key players to 2017 and not extend them before.
(29-06-2016, 06:07 PM)bayern Wrote:

Zero because they wouldn't sell if he had longer contract and like I said in another post they crippled themselfs when they signed 3 of their 5 key players to 2017 and not extend them before.

I didnt ask if they'd want to sell, i asked how much would he be worth had he been on a longer contract. 
do you think he'd still join us when his contract runs out? Caritas_05
(29-06-2016, 04:30 PM)Mike Smalling Wrote: United fans have been used to mediocrity in the last three years, so no....we dont have high expectations of him, but he'll certainly be an upgrade to Lingard on the right flank Biggrin

Hmm. If you put it like that, you have a point.

Lingard.. you poor souls. I'd say you have suffered enough but you haven't, not quite yet Caritas_05
You will have to endure another 3 seasons in hell-like limbo at least with José Lol

Mkhitaryan is a fantastic player when on form, however his record at BVB is mixed. He was their club record signing at 27m € back in 2013, the Götze replacement if you will.
Ha had an okayish first season, followed by an absolutely, supernaturally catastrophic and bad second season. Everything, literally every final pass or finish he tried went wrong for almost a whole season.

Of course the whole BVB team was struggling with bad luck, low confidence, and cracks within the team that season, but Mkhi was particularly  poor.
That BVB fans stuck to him, the record signing, during that time should warranr a bit more grace towards the club than what he's now showing, through his agent.

This season he was surely on the world's best attacking players.
I have loved Mkhitaryan since his Shaktar days and I badly wanted him at Arsenal.
He's a dribbler and playmaker par excellence.
He's also a choker of note, which is why he wouldhave been a perfect fit at Arsenal.

Higuain has nothing on this guy.
As bottling jobs go(he single-handedly let Real Madrid off the hook in the CL a couple of seasons back...in both legs may I add), his pathetic finishing in particular in the 2nd leg was criminal at best
(29-06-2016, 06:58 PM)Mike Smalling Wrote:
(29-06-2016, 06:07 PM)bayern Wrote:

I didnt ask if they'd want to sell, i asked how much would he be worth had he been on a longer contract. 
do you think he'd still join us when his contract runs out? Caritas_05

I don't know how much would it cost by I imagine too much. If he's worth that thats another question.