Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Guitar.
No sorry misunderstanding Freddie did'nt have emphysema, I meant Nick (my artist) has it and has had to pack in due to it..he was one of the last of Freddies "Dreamers" he's a Londoner as well.

Sorry to hear about your mum, yes its a horrible thing to have, one of my friends has it and I've seen her suffer.
[Image: QalfwEm.jpg]
(29-03-2016, 08:58 AM)Molly Wrote: No sorry misunderstanding Freddie did'nt have emphysema, I meant Nick (my artist) has it and has had to pack in due to it..he was one of the last of Freddies "Dreamers" he's a Londoner as well.

Sorry to hear about your mum, yes its a horrible thing to have, one of my friends has it and I've seen her suffer.

Well Freddie Garrity's voice is still knackered  Caritas_09 unfortunately. It was a long time ago molly but it's a horrible thing to see, someone not being able to even turn over in bed because their lungs can't take it
If you didn't see it with your own eyes, and hear it with your own ears. Don't invent it with your small mind or share it with your big gob!
Well Freddie Garrity's voice is still knackered.

I would think it will be by now TEL he's been dead since 2006...sorry..only joking...I'll get my coat Bye

Thats awful about your Mum, she must have suffered, to see her like that and not being able to do anything must have been heartbreaking.
(29-03-2016, 10:33 AM)Molly Wrote: Well Freddie Garrity's voice is still knackered.

I would think it will be by now TEL he's been dead since 2006...sorry..only joking...I'll get my coat Bye

Thats awful about your Mum, she must have suffered, to see her like that and not being able to do anything must have been heartbreaking.
Oh has he?  Caritas_26  No wonder he's struggling then. This was about 20 years ago though. Yeah she suffered. Not after sympathy molly but thousands are just lying there waiting to die, struggling just to breathe. Horrible!
If you didn't see it with your own eyes, and hear it with your own ears. Don't invent it with your small mind or share it with your big gob!
Just found this TEL about Freddie.

He continued to perform until 2001, when he was diagnosed with emphysema after collapsing during a flight, thus forcing him into retirement.. Garrity died at Bangor in North Wales, at the age of 69, after being taken ill while on holiday.

Well well, I did'nt know that he had emphysema.

No I don't think for one minute you're after sympathy TEL..but sometimes its nice to talk about things people have gone through and seen what others have had to face..its something to talk about during the footy break..well I find it interesting.
So he DID have emphysema then. That's weird. His voice had gone well before that Molly. 
It can be hereditary too. My Grandad died from it and me & my brother did a test to see if the chromosome which causes it was missing and apparently it only passes to the opposite sex so my sister didn't need to take it. Luckily, my brother and I were fine
So he DID have emphysema then. 

Apparently so..I hav'nt read up about it and/or what causes it so I don't know anything about it really  but I expect smoking won't help..playing for years in smoky venue's must take its toll..and my friend is/was more or less a chain smoker.

Lucky for you and your Brother..hope your Sister's alright.
Ohh yeayyy TEL Jagger and Hansthoven.
Two questions,one of them very stupid probably hehe.

Ok Hans, just curiosity. You have played Violin and guitar, did you adapt some violin technical skills to the guitar, I was wondering this because I want to buy a Bass guitar (Just some Gas for fun and some mojofunky shit XD) and I've seen some of them are fret-less like violins, so spring to mind this stupid question XD

TEL, Do you know the budget guitar branded as Vintage, I am going to Manchester in a few months and a mate told me to have a look this guitar.
(29-03-2016, 05:59 PM)Molly Wrote: So he DID have emphysema then. 

Apparently so..I hav'nt read up about it and/or what causes it so I don't know anything about it really  but I expect smoking won't help..playing for years in smoky venue's must take its toll..and my friend is/was more or less a chain smoker.

Lucky for you and your Brother..hope your Sister's alright.

No it only passes to opposite sexes Molly so she didn't need to take the test although she now has COP because she's smoked since she was 10