Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Guitar.
(26-03-2016, 06:34 PM)TEL Wrote:
(26-03-2016, 02:59 PM)Molly Wrote: That is actually very good TEL..credit where its due, well done, I love The Eagles and that song is one of my favourites..nice easy listening, want a booking? lol

That was done 10 years ago Molly. Thanks for the compliment though

I seem to remember you mentioning about being in a band, was that the one in the States?
The compliment..like I say credit where its due..its far better than some of the crap we see and hear today..you should be proud of yourself with a talent like that.
[Image: QalfwEm.jpg]
(26-03-2016, 07:18 PM)Molly Wrote:
(26-03-2016, 06:34 PM)TEL Wrote:
(26-03-2016, 02:59 PM)Molly Wrote: That is actually very good TEL..credit where its due, well done, I love The Eagles and that song is one of my favourites..nice easy listening, want a booking? lol

That was done 10 years ago Molly. Thanks for the compliment though

I seem to remember you mentioning about being in a band, was that the one in the States?
The compliment..like I say credit where its due..its far better than some of the crap we see and hear today..you should be proud of yourself with a talent like that.

No I was in bands long before that Molly. My mate (who was in the band here) had a recording studio in his house so it was just a bit of fun recorded on an old 4 track mixer. We did a few songs then I set one up at my house and bought some backing music and recorded some of my own. It's very primitive and flat. I get bored easy so most of them aren't as good as they could've been but I still do guest spots when some of my old mates perform. Thank you again though
If you didn't see it with your own eyes, and hear it with your own ears. Don't invent it with your small mind or share it with your big gob!
Just for a matter of interest, how much do bands charge for a gig in London?

Our club is dead on a Friday night so I've been asked to look at bands hopefully with a following..but its not easy they are charging anything between £300 - £600 more for some..
At least £250 molly, that's for someone not well known
If you didn't see it with your own eyes, and hear it with your own ears. Don't invent it with your small mind or share it with your big gob!
Good stuff, Tel.
Had a listen of a few others too, really enjoyed them.
(27-03-2016, 04:01 PM)Redser Wrote: Good stuff, Tel.
Had a listen of a few others too, really enjoyed them.

Thanks mate, some are OK some are pretty rank but it was fun doing them. A mate of mine is a top notch pianist and we're putting some stuff together but it's just a bit of fun
 it's just a bit of fun.

Ahhh yes, but who knows where that "bit of fun" gets you TEL...you never know, be in the right place at the right time, we may see you touring the Country yet. Wink

How do you think the Beatles started?..well I'll tell ya...Paul & John were having a "bit of fun" in John Lennon's front room...yes I know there's an age difference..but..what is age?..its only a number  Smile
(28-03-2016, 08:05 AM)Molly Wrote:  it's just a bit of fun.

Ahhh yes, but who knows where that "bit of fun" gets you TEL...you never know, be in the right place at the right time, we may see you touring the Country yet. Wink

How do you think the Beatles started?..well I'll tell ya...Paul & John were having a "bit of fun" in John Lennon's front room...yes I know there's an age difference..but..what is age?..its only a number  Smile

Yeah, they were 19 though Molly. We had LOTS of fun but the music got in the way a bit. The place where we practiced, the Verulam in Watford was owned by a guy called Joe Seabrook who ran security for some real top acts. Notably the Stones, the Who & Thinn Lizzy. We got to jam with some legends, Gary Moore being the greatest. The Glitter band used to turn up too (minus Gary Glitter thank fuck) but they were actually really talented. Steve Priest from Sweet was another who came in occasionally
Wow, some stars there, I bet you had some fun..I have 2 former stars who I book on a regular basis, one was the lead singer of Eddison Lighthouse who actually recorded "Love grows where my Rosemary goes" he's still going strong in fact I've got him next Saturday and Christmas Eve, (although not as famous as some you've met) the other was with Freddie and the Dreamers sadly he's had to pack up due to having emphysema..its great listening to stories from their past.

As for Gary Glitter I expect back then you would'nt have known what a piece of scum he has turned out to be...although that depends on how far you are going back.
(29-03-2016, 12:09 AM)Molly Wrote: Wow, some stars there, I bet you had some fun..I have 2 former stars who I book on a regular basis, one was the lead singer of Eddison Lighthouse who actually recorded "Love grows where my Rosemary goes" he's still going strong in fact I've got him next Saturday and Christmas Eve, (although not as famous as some you've met) the other was with Freddie and the Dreamers sadly he's had to pack up due to having emphysema..its great listening to stories from their past.

As for Gary Glitter I expect back then you would'nt have known what a piece of scum he has turned out to be...although that depends on how far you are going back.

That would be 1977-81. Eddison Lighthouse were big in their day. Freddie Garrity lost his voice quite a while back Molly (didn't realise it could've been the emphysema though, horrible disease, my mum died as a result of it) it was a shame cos he had to start miming his act and got "found out" and chastised because of it. People still wanted to see him though.
You wouldn't believe some of the things Gary Moore could do with a guitar