Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2. in BuLi vs 2. in PL
No contest really.  Caritas_05 The excuse that Spurs did not play with full team won't hold any water. From my count of players avalaible only Dier and Kane didn't play (from start).
Gündogan didn't start either.

Anyway, not sure what Spurs were thinking. Resting players for Aston Villa? THat's not a credible excuse.
(11-03-2016, 04:19 PM)Hans_Dampf Wrote: Gündogan didn't start either.

Anyway, not sure what Spurs were thinking. Resting players for Aston Villa? THat's not a credible excuse.

Oh come on Hans, Premiership v the Europa League???????? It's a no-brainer son. They've already qualified for the CL so that losers cup doesn't have a prayer
If you didn't see it with your own eyes, and hear it with your own ears. Don't invent it with your small mind or share it with your big gob!
(11-03-2016, 04:25 PM)TEL Wrote:
(11-03-2016, 04:19 PM)Hans_Dampf Wrote: Gündogan didn't start either.

Oh come on Hans, Premiership v the Europa League???????? It's a no-brainer son. They've already qualified for the CL so that losers cup doesn't have a prayer

It's embarrassing because a team with the resources of Spurs has to be capable of competing in 2 competitions. They're out of the cups anyway (exited league cup in September).

Do you think Dortmund are not playing for the title? They're 5 points behind us too, just like Spurs against Leicester. They can't afford to drop any points at all if they want to retain the chance to catch us if we slip.

Dortmund had us last weekend (incredible fast and tough game), have Mainz next weekend who are one of the in-form teams in BuLi right now (they beat us the game before). Why can they manage to take the game seriously?

It's embarrassing that English clubs would paint themselves as victims of tough competition in order to explain why they lose against teams from other leagues.

It's ridiculous to suggest they could not afford to rest a couple of key player against Aston Villa, of all teams, on the weekend instead in a European knockout match against a top side.

I mean I don't deny every PL game is tough (as is every game in BuLi), especially this season, but there's arguably ONE EXCEPTION - VILLA who are just absolutely terrible and weak lol.

And I would argue it#s counterproductive to 'prioritize' like that, even mentally. It's not a competitive mentality, and it's not a winner's mindset.

Watch Spurs drop out of top 4 too in the coming weeks.
Loving that last prediction Hans!
This just shows how differently we all view things. Non premiership fans are desperate for premiership fans/teams to accept the obvious(in their opinion) that the premiership is of lower quality but the teams playing in the premiership would rather stick to their own realities and finish as highly as possible. As terrible as Villa are at the moment, if Spurs should lose to them because they've played their strongest team against Dortmund(and then lost too)they'd be the joke of the moment plus it would dent their top 4 hopes and their title bid, of course. They will do what's best for themselves, not what WE THINK is best for them
I remember City using kids against Chelsea in the FA cup so they could use a full strength team in the League cup Final(or was it the Champions League match?). They duly lost but won the subsequent games. Now they have a trophy this season and are going to the next round of the Champions League. Every team will prioritize whichever way they feel will favor them best. We can sit in our chairs and fault their decisions all day but they ultimately have to do the business on the pitch, not us
I get what you're saying Rotimi but I for one don't understand that. They're in last 16, playing a very good team and could show Europe how good they are but they only showed what I thought they are - just an above average team that is 2. in England just because other teams there are even worse. I wonder if the situation would be the same and played CL KO game and 3 days later a league game.
What makes you think they want to "show Europe how good they are"? What if they consider the premier league a better competition than the Europa League? I bet they wouldn't have done that in the Champions League.
By the way, I'm fairly certain they don't really care of you think they're just an above average team. They're doing well in the league and from all indications, would rather concentrate on that and at least secure a Champions League spot
Why fight then to go to Europe if you see it then as distraction?
I doubt anyone cares what we think but they were outplayed by a team isn't let's say Barcelona.