Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wolf Of Wall Street.!
(10-08-2015, 05:23 AM)Aussie_Gunner Wrote: I must be the only one who really did not rate this film that much and I'm a huge Martin Scorsese fan. Taxi Driver, Raging Bull and Goodfellas are easily in my top 10 films.

I just did not care for any of that characters, I found Leo's character completely unlikable and I didn't think the film portrayed him as a brilliant salesman as many other people found. Leo's character was a selfish prick at the start of the film and he is a selfish dick at the end of the film, where is the development or change in character? I also found the scenes where everyone is going crazy after his speeches pure sensationalism and pretty much shot just so people can think "oh shit everyone is going mental, this scene is so awesome." I'm also getting tired of Scorsese using the same tricks he used in Goodfellas over and over again like voice narration, quick editing montages (like when they got busted) and of course use of pop culture music (especially Rolling Stones tracks).

I think the original Wall Street film is a much better movie and Gordan Gehko is a much more interesting character even though he is completely fictional. Also Leo is a good actor but completely over rated, against someone like Daniel Day Lewis in Gangs of New York, he was completely outdone.

I get the criticism, I wasn't that into it either, mainly because it's such an unlikeable guy as you say. But it's a real bloke and a true story, embellished of course, so I think it's unfair to blame a lack of character progression. Jordan Belfort is a terrible person, the fact people think what he did was cool is fucking awful.
(09-08-2015, 04:02 PM)Sick Bern Wrote:
(05-08-2015, 10:18 PM)FRANTIC Wrote: Watched it maybe the 10th time again tonight. And fk me what a film.

Can't get bored with it Leo Di is such a talent can we honestly name a shit film his acted in.

Don't Plum

Romeo & Juliet

Critters 3

The Quick and the Dead

J. Edgar

The Man in the Iron Mask

The beach turned into a shitfest