Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bayern 4-0 Olympiakos
Star 
another dominant display matched by the score line

And the red part of North London loves you guys even more now.

Who would you want to play in the next round?
I'm sure they would fancy their chances against anybody right now. Life can't be too difficult if you're Bayern Munich these days
We'll get Kiew and get smashed out. On a personal note I would like to play PSG. If they beat us then we probably wouldn't win afterall if we got someone easier first and then go to top teams. Does timing matter when you meet top teams? Sure (Barcelona last year) but I don't care about injuries and those stuff or used it as excuse. You're either good enough or not.
Cheers Bayern! Now we can go to Athens and fuck it up again!
You'll win 2-1. Caritas_05
(25-11-2015, 10:27 AM)bayern Wrote: We'll get Kiew and get smashed out. On a personal note I would like to play PSG. If they beat us then we probably wouldn't win afterall if we got someone easier first and then go to top teams. Does timing matter when you meet top teams? Sure (Barcelona last year) but I don't care about injuries and those stuff or used it as excuse. You're either good enough or not.

That is true, however our injury situation last season was pretty extreme.

Against Barca, no wide players at all available, Lewandowski has his face broken 5 days before, Alaba out, Lahm, Benatia, Thiago just back from long term injuries.
For months we had about 13 players available from our senior squad so the rest of the players were run down.

We held our own against Barca for 60 minutes, they killed us afterwards as we grew tired and they were sharp.
While I can't say whether we could have won it with more players fit, it always was going to be steep with this situation.

That being said, I agree.
You can see in the Porto games how much playing well makes a difference no matter who's on the pitch, and fact is we've not been playing particularly well, pretty bad at times, during the last two springs.
It's a problem and I'm curious whether it will repeat itself again. World beaters in October/November, Zombies in March/April.

Also of course, Barca's front three is just too fucking good when they're on form. With an on form Iniesta behind, they're near impossible to stop.
As Real and Roma are finding out! Fuck me, a transfer embargo doesn't bother you when you have that talent in your ranks!
(25-11-2015, 10:34 PM)Foreverred87 Wrote: As Real and Roma are finding out! Fuck me, a transfer embargo doesn't bother you when you have that talent in your ranks!

They're depth beyond their first 11 isn't that great. However they've been staying relatively free of injuries most of the time.
What counts is now though, and with their attack gelling and no injuries they have a very good chance of going far in Europe and Spain (of course!)
(25-11-2015, 01:13 PM)bayern Wrote: You'll win 2-1. Caritas_05

Exactly!