Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
United signings...
I know there's still a bit left to go in the window but it doesn't seem like we're going to splash crazy cash this time round. Depay and Darmian? Seems like Van Gaal is investing in the wings again. Somehow that doesn't strike me as exciting. Makes us seem predictable.
every day I read United are after 3 or 4 players so I'd imagine they'll be buying before the season kicks off

Schneiderlin & the right back seem the 2 obvious ones but the keeper will need replacing too once Dave leaves
You had a lot of success in the latter stages of last season as a result of wing play, somehow LvG made Ashley Young look like a decent player! Even so, you wouldn't want to have to rely on old Ashley so investing in younger, better versions is probably a good idea.

(08-07-2015, 06:29 PM)AG86 Wrote: You had a lot of success in the latter stages of last season as a result of wing play, somehow LvG made Ashley Young look like a decent player! Even so, you wouldn't want to have to rely on old Ashley so investing in younger, better versions is probably a good idea.

Yea I understand that but th central midfield needs a solid signing. Not sure about Schniederlin's credentials but Carrick won't be available all season long. Like States also pointed out, De Gea needs replacing as well and the only two goalkeepers I've heard being mentioned are Begovic and Louis but I'm not sure that gives me a lot of confidence. I would have loved for us to have signed Cech but I guess you gooners wanted him more. Curious to see how it unfolds
Lloris would be good and so would Schneiderlin although I believe that Morgan's agent said the other day that United hadn't formally expressed an interest in him. Definitely you need some improvement in centre mid but I think you also really need to revamp your back line which is a bit turd at the moment.
I don't know much about Darmian, probably decent though, Italian defenders on their national team usually tend to be good signings. Depay will be a star this season, I think he will do very well. You still need a striker like us if RVP goes and a goalie if De Gea leaves. I think Begovich would be a very good choice if you could land him. Loris is great but a bit of a loose canon in the box.
Schneiderlin would fit quite well into your squad, intelligent player who works hard through the whole game. Will be an interesting window and I am sure you will end up with Ramos as well..
(08-07-2015, 06:39 PM)AG86 Wrote: Lloris would be good and so would Schneiderlin although I believe that Morgan's agent said the other day that United hadn't formally expressed an interest in him. Definitely you need some improvement in centre mid but I think you also really need to revamp your back line which is a bit turd at the moment.

I think we made a bid for Schniederlin but it was turned down. I agree with you on the defence although that's because there's no continuity. Somebody is always injured. If only any four of them can be fit for 3/4 of the season, then they won't be so bad

(08-07-2015, 07:12 PM)Odin Wrote: I don't know much about Darmian, probably decent though, Italian defenders on their national team usually tend to be good signings. Depay will be a star this season, I think he will do very well. You still need a striker like us if RVP goes and a goalie if De Gea leaves. I think Begovich would be a very good choice if you could land him. Loris is great but a bit of a loose canon in the box.
Schneiderlin would fit quite well into your squad, intelligent player who works hard through the whole game. Will be an interesting window and I am sure you will end up with Ramos as well..

He played in the world Cup so he should be decent, besides, any decent right back is a welcome addition, seeing as Rafael is never fit and will probably be shipped out soon. Valencia shouldn't be playing there every game either. I'm not sure how many decent years we can get out of Ramos though. He's already 29 and would probably struggle with the pace of the premier league plus it would only get worse the older he gets.
(08-07-2015, 07:19 PM)Rotimi Wrote:
(08-07-2015, 06:39 PM)AG86 Wrote: Lloris would be good and so would Schneiderlin although I believe that Morgan's agent said the other day that United hadn't formally expressed an interest in him. Definitely you need some improvement in centre mid but I think you also really need to revamp your back line which is a bit turd at the moment.

I think we made a bid for Schniederlin but it was turned down. I agree with you on the defence although that's because there's no continuity. Somebody is always injured. If only any four of them can be fit for 3/4 of the season, then they won't be so bad

(08-07-2015, 07:12 PM)Odin Wrote: I don't know much about Darmian, probably decent though, Italian defenders on their national team usually tend to be good signings. Depay will be a star this season, I think he will do very well. You still need a striker like us if RVP goes and a goalie if De Gea leaves. I think Begovich would be a very good choice if you could land him. Loris is great but a bit of a loose canon in the box.

He played in the world Cup so he should be decent, besides, any decent right back is a welcome addition, seeing as Rafael is never fit and will probably be shipped out soon. Valencia shouldn't be playing there every game either. I'm not sure how many decent years we can get out of Ramos though. He's already 29 and would probably struggle with the pace of the premier league plus it would only get worse the older he gets.
Ramos gets sent off every other week in Spain so he's gonna be a markd man over here
If you didn't see it with your own eyes, and hear it with your own ears. Don't invent it with your small mind or share it with your big gob!
He'll struggle with the officiating over here as well.
So now we're losing van Persie? It's been fun while he's played for us. Have some great memories of his time at United. Best wishes to him
I can't take rumors seriously at the Minute. The Telegraph actually reports Arsenal are after Di Maria. Lol..#

It's lazy journalism.. Still not a twisted as this little Runt with the Specs.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footbal...senal.html