Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ashes
Yeah its funny because I remember when England came down last Ashes, you guys won a tour of India before you guys came here and winning in India is literally unheard of. I think we did it once when we had McGrath, Hayden, Warne, Ponting, Langer and Gilchrist, pretty much the best test team ever could only win there once. So I thought you guys would win so I was shocked when you guys lost 5-0. According to Pietersen there was tons of infighting happening so I wouldn't be suprised if that is the case with us as both cases are very similar.
[Image: 11822416_416192301919704_194991909173784...e=563738C1]
Yeah there was definitely some dressing room unrest should we say... It clearly plays a massive part on team performance, we got taken apart in Australia last series and, Lord's aside, you guys haven't been at the races at all this series. All out for 60 is really bad, apparently it was the first time in Ashes history that 'Extras' got more runs than any batsman!

I wonder how much the loss of Hughes was to the team as well? Not just him as a player but the psychological issues surrounding that. I know you guys won the World Cup since his death but he was a quality test batsman and was shaping up to be one of your future stars.

Still, I kind of hope Clarke can finish on a high with a victory at the Oval. Never thought I'd want the Aussie's to win a test match against us!
(08-08-2015, 01:12 PM)AG86 Wrote: Yeah it's strange to go from the team you were last Ashes and then World Cup winners to what you've been this series with the same players. Like you say, it seems there's likely something going on behind the scenes.

Same thing happened to us mate, went from unbeatable to utter shyte in about a week.
If you didn't see it with your own eyes, and hear it with your own ears. Don't invent it with your small mind or share it with your big gob!
Anybody got an address for Genn McGrath, would he like water, milk, tea, coffee, or beer to wash his portion of humble pie down.
"This is the second time I've beaten the Germans here... the first time was in 1944. I drove into Rome on a tank when the city was liberated. If anyone had told me I'd be back here to see us win the European Cup 33 years later I'd have told them they were mad!  Bob Paisley
Probably in Africa hunting animals 

[Image: mcgrath_3207979b.jpg]
No way! Didn't have him down as 'one of those'!
Yeah man, that photo came out like a couple of months ago and it was a media storm here. Really was dissapointed when i saw it as he was one of my childhood idols.
Yeah that's a bit of a shame to be fair. What's he killed there anyway looks like a fucking mammoth!
Damn, thats nasty, wrong so very wrong.
"This is the second time I've beaten the Germans here... the first time was in 1944. I drove into Rome on a tank when the city was liberated. If anyone had told me I'd be back here to see us win the European Cup 33 years later I'd have told them they were mad!  Bob Paisley
Not a good look!