Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
upcoming fixtures
it would be really cool if they did have to replay both games if the same fans were given free tickets & all away fans got their travel expenses covered

I’d be in favour of replays just to hear Pep complain about the match ball again...
his argument was weak with all the goals scored in the other 7 games too
(26-10-2017, 01:34 PM)Southside Wrote: it would be really cool if they did have to replay both games if the same fans were given free tickets & all away fans got their travel expenses covered

I’d be in favour of replays just to hear Pep complain about the match ball again...
his argument was weak with all the goals scored in the other 7 games too

Greedy owners won't cover a penny for the fans. They'll just come up with "it wasn't our fault" excuse. As for Pep crying over the match ball? I've never heard such rubbish in my life! Are his team more special than the rest of the footballing world that they can't adapt to something as trivial as a ball change? Or are they more advanced? The arrogance and entitlement is annoying. Part of what's wrong with modern football. Players thinking they can get away with cheating, managers thinking they can moan about everything. What's next? The goal posts are too small? Twat!
(26-10-2017, 12:45 PM)Southside Wrote: that’s exactly the way I would’ve interpreted it yes & no doubt Wenger/Pep thought the same

as you say the referee allowed it so logic tells us it’s his mistake not the managers if in fact it is a rules breach

I just found it interesting reading the article earlier

The media will come up with any shit to remain relevant. It's no more a job of reporting facts, its all about speculations, opinions and made-up stories.
another funny part to Pep’s whining is only one other team in the 4th round failed to score!!

4 great games in the quarter finals after the farcical draw finally happened

Chelsea v Bournemouth
Arsenal v West Ham
Leicester v City
Bristol City v United

I’d love to go to Chelsea to watch the cherries & will have to see when the fixtures are so I can make enquiries
(26-10-2017, 05:55 PM)Southside Wrote: another funny part to Pep’s whining is only one other team in the 4th round failed to score!!

4 great games in the quarter finals after the farcical draw finally happened

Chelsea v Bournemouth
Arsenal v West Ham
Leicester v City
Bristol City v United

I’d love to go to Chelsea to watch the cherries & will have to see when the fixtures are so I can make enquiries

And to think it was unforced. He probably takes himself too seriously.
The fixture list looks juicy except for the United vs Bristol game which looks a forgone conclusion on paper but based on recent form, I wouldn't bet on it. Plus they're playing at home too. Wouldn't call any result from those matches a major upset at this point...
These guys earn a lot of money in order to know the rules at least.
I was thinking it was a great game from Bristol City’s point of view & for their fans to enjoy a game against one of the big teams

all 4 games will be sold out so that means roughly 160,000 will attend them

the unfortunate part is it’s set up perfectly for a semi final lineup between the 4 big teams too
the League Cup quarter finals take place in “the week beginning December 18” so they’ll probably be on the 19th & 20th as they’re tuesday/wednesday

nice long break before the games then
if Burnley beat Stoke tonight they’ll be in 4th place with very nearly half of the games played this season which is mind boggling