Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Real Madrid Vs Our feeder Bus
If they play like that, too conservative, I don't think United will end top3 easily. City, Chelsea and Liverpool will make more points than them.
(09-08-2017, 11:58 AM)bayern Wrote:
(08-08-2017, 11:24 PM)Rotimi Wrote: That was painful to watch, from a United fan's perspective. First 50-60 mins was terrible. It got better towards the end, but not by much. Not a lot has changed  from last season, I see. It's going to be a long season, with Champions League football and the world cup coming up(players avoiding injury etc)

You'll end up easy in top 3 and trophies (the big one) are handed in may so a lot of time.

And I'm supposed to be happy with that? Don't patronize me, Bayern. I know Madrid are better than us but I'm hoping we won't play the whole season this way(I know we won't because we don't have to play them every week)
(09-08-2017, 12:24 PM)Chikito.Sexappeal Wrote: If they play like that, too conservative, I don't think United will end top3 easily. City, Chelsea and Liverpool will make more points than them.

The Premiership isn't La Liga or the Bundesliga, Chiki. Teams don't roll over and play dead over there. Those teams you mentioned aren't going to find life easy, however they choose to play.
(09-08-2017, 12:31 PM)Rotimi Wrote:
(09-08-2017, 11:58 AM)bayern Wrote:
(08-08-2017, 11:24 PM)Rotimi Wrote: That was painful to watch, from a United fan's perspective. First 50-60 mins was terrible. It got better towards the end, but not by much. Not a lot has changed  from last season, I see. It's going to be a long season, with Champions League football and the world cup coming up(players avoiding injury etc)

You'll end up easy in top 3 and trophies (the big one) are handed in may so a lot of time.

And I'm supposed to be happy with that? Don't patronize me, Bayern. I know Madrid are better than us but I'm hoping we won't play the whole season this way(I know we won't because we don't have to play them every week)

It's still a preseason, even a great team like Real can finish without a major trophy. And you have a nice scheudle to start the season so if you win those games things can change quickly. Sure Madrid are a better team but those teams don't win always.
(09-08-2017, 12:34 PM)Rotimi Wrote:
(09-08-2017, 12:24 PM)Chikito.Sexappeal Wrote: If they play like that, too conservative, I don't think United will end top3 easily. City, Chelsea and Liverpool will make more points than them.

The Premiership isn't La Liga or the Bundesliga, Chiki. Teams don't roll over and play dead over there. Those teams you mentioned aren't going to find life easy, however they choose to play.

You contradicted yourself here, you were suggesting in previous posts that United are so much weaker that they'de more or less "gave up" themselfs against Madrid. They didn't, like teams in Germany and Spain don't roll over but can't match the quality of opposition. When team(s) is so much superior it might look that others gave up but they don't (some do, but 90% of them can't match them).
Teams in Spain don't roll over, man. We were very lucky beating Depor or Alavés in our Stadium.

The thing is in Spain is easier to find teams playing us openly. The league we won with Mou, was won by Ronaldo, games against Betis, rayo, Mallorca were lost by Mou and won by Ronaldo, with a the help sometimes of Ozil, wasn't Mou's first option btw.

Most of EPL teams will park the bus, and you still don't know how to play them. As simple as that. So you will draw many games, and Lukaku is worse for open cans than Ibramovic.

...and Arsenal will focus over EPL in order to go back to CL, so they'll get more points than last year when you were 6th.
yeah Ramos & Alves are certainly right up there in the biggest wanker catego

I've always hated Robben too
Madrid were head and shoulders above United last night. Mourinho has much work to do before they can class themselves anywhere near the top European sides though I suspect that he is well aware of this. Was good to see Lukaku get amongst the goals already, the pressure is on him to deliver and I've got my doubts as to whether he can deliver consistently for United. Pogba was very disappointing last night and couldn't get involved at all. He's another one with the spotlight firmly on him this season. Biggest plus point for me was Matic, he's the physical presence they've lacked since Keane left. I think he'll turn out to be a major player for United. I'm surprised they managed to blag him off Chelsea.
Matić doesn't have the presence of Keane or nastiness of him. Herrera is the one who has simular atributes but unlike Keane he's a fraud with faking injuries...
(09-08-2017, 07:14 PM)Southside Wrote: yeah Ramos & Alves are certainly right up there in the biggest wanker catego

I've always hated Robben too

There's too many of those, in the past Ribery was bad at that but nobody compares to those of Barcelona and Madrid.