Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CL Playoffs Man Utd vs Club Brugge
Huge game coming up tomorrow, courtesy of the 4th place trophy.

How do you guys feel about the tie? Confident? Very confident?

Because there's few things better than van Gaal press conferences, here is Louis speaking to the media ahead of tomorrow's home first leg

no love lost Lol

thoughts? predictions? line up preferences?
You gotta love Louis van Gaal... Club Bruuukkke.   Caritas_17  I want to have a pint and learn some Dutch.
Good luck tonight you Manc wankers!!
Thanks AG. We'll need it. Can't remember the last time I was this nervous over a game. Now will be the perfect time for Rooney to start scoring. I'll take 3-0, thank you very much
Reasonably confident, just hopeful of getting a few goals to take into the second leg. Losing these two games could see van Gaal lose his job.

I think Schweini will start like he will most European games for us. We've been more fluent when he's played. Herrera would be nice but I see another defensive midfielder as LVG won't want to concede more than anything. I think Fellaini might play.

The pressure on Rooney tonight is immense, I think he'll be out to prove a point.
[Image: ISkjNRD.jpg]
So what lineup would you predict/like to see?
I'd like:

De Gea

Darmian Smalling Blind Shaw

Schweini Fellaini

Mata    Depay     Young
                                                     Rooney

I think Carrick might start with Schneiderlin though, and Romero will obviously be in goal. Januzaji might start but I think he'll prefer Young.
[Image: ISkjNRD.jpg]
(18-08-2015, 12:38 PM)Sick Bern Wrote: I'd like:

De Gea

Schweini Fellaini

Mata    Depay     Young
                                                     Rooney

I think Carrick might start with Schneiderlin though, and Romero will obviously be in goal. Januzaji might start but I think he'll prefer Young.

Agree with the bold. Don't think van Gaal will be giving Schweini a start yet. I also can't see him playing Fellaini in a 4-2-3-1 as part of the double pivot.

If van Gaal goes full Belgian, it might look like

...............Romero
..................Carrick
.......Schneiderlin...............
.....................Fellaini..............
Januzaj......Rooney.....Young

Young is obviously the first name on the teamsheet.

Darmian looks good so far (hope he proves to be not quite so good since we passed on him).

But even if he coninues to look so good, I'm eagerly awaiting van Gaal benching him for Valencia again.

That Herrera doesn't start is inexplicable to me tbh.
(18-08-2015, 11:55 AM)Rotimi Wrote: Thanks AG. We'll need it. Can't remember the last time I was this nervous over a game. Now will be the perfect time for Rooney to start scoring. I'll take 3-0, thank you very much

3-0 should see you through I imagine but as long as you get through the tie that's all that matters! We need a strong English showing in the CL this year.
Mata has to play

United have to be favourite but agree Rooney needs to prove a point...
he's been useless so far & already dropped from my fantasy team

good luck