Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nathan Ake!
(01-07-2017, 02:25 PM)Stateside Wrote: I'm absolutely delighted to see Ake's rejoined the cherries in a reported £20m record deal

surprised Chelsea have let him go but they've got a habit of not giving youth a chance...
maybe he's got a buy back clause to avoid another Lukaku type incident

Eddie Howe means business this season

Getting Defoe in was a very schrewd move
indeed

Defoe & King could be a great partnership
Begovic in goal is also an upgrade

Boruc is a similar keeper to Almunia where he can be spectacular one game & spectacularly calamitous in the next

Begovic should bring some much needed stability to the position & along with Ake strengthen the defence considerably
not Nathan Ake but his central defensive partner Steve Cook

about an hour ago I was filling up & the fella in front of me held the door as we went in to pay

as I was admiring his sweet new black Aston Martin I thought to myself he looks like a Bournemouth player & sure enough it was Steve Cook

we were both outside after paying so I said to him...
you play for Bournemouth don't you ?
Cook - yeah.
I said what position ?
Cook - central defence.
I said Cook right ?
Cook - yeah.
I said I've been away for a while but am from Bournemouth & I definitely recognised you, good luck for the season.
Cook - thanks

nice to know there's some cool lads who are happy to interact with the public on their days off
(29-07-2017, 09:23 AM)Southside Wrote: not Nathan Ake but his central defensive partner Steve Cook

about an hour ago I was filling up & the fella in front of me held the door as we went in to pay

as I was admiring his sweet new black Aston Martin I thought to myself he looks like a Bournemouth player & sure enough it was Steve Cook

we were both outside after paying so I said to him...
you play for Bournemouth don't you ?
Cook - yeah.
I said what position ?
Cook - central defence.
I said Cook right ?
Cook - yeah.
I said I've been away for a while but am from Bournemouth & I definitely recognised you, good luck for the season.
Cook - thanks

nice to know there's some cool lads who are happy to interact with the public on their days off

That's probably because you were decent about it and not intruding on his personal space or going full blown hysteria on his arse. Besides, most of them aren't as bad the media tend to portray them
I've never been starstruck by sports stars but always enjoy it when they talk back & don't act like pompous pricks

bear in mind I'm old enough to be Steve Cook's dad too it'd look pretty ridiculous if I got all giddy over him at my age!!

I remember bumping into Tony Adams & John Lukic at Cyprus airport 30 years ago while on holiday there with my uncle.
I strolled up to them & had a 2 minute chat as they were alone...
my uncle thought I was friends with them Caritas_07

I saw Shaun Edwards (rugby league star) in an Ibiza nightclub in 1994 & casually asked one of his mates if I could get a photo which I've still got today

I go to golf tournaments regularly & interact with certain players during their practice rounds when they're mostly relaxed

but yeah you're right, it depends on how you approach players to determine what kind of reaction you'll get back
(04-07-2017, 07:01 PM)Redser Wrote:
(01-07-2017, 02:25 PM)Stateside Wrote: I'm absolutely delighted to see Ake's rejoined the cherries in a reported £20m record deal

surprised Chelsea have let him go but they've got a habit of not giving youth a chance...
maybe he's got a buy back clause to avoid another Lukaku type incident

Eddie Howe means business this season

Getting Defoe in was a very schrewd move

Correct apart from the Lukaku bit. Was never Chelsea's 1st choice and his scoring record against top teams is abysmal! I really hope Ake shines and shows Chelsea what a fuck up letting him go was!
If you didn't see it with your own eyes, and hear it with your own ears. Don't invent it with your small mind or share it with your big gob!
maybe not but if Chelsea had put in say a £50m buy back clause when they sold Lukaku to Everton I'd imagine they'd have given it serious thought