Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nathan Ake!
(03-08-2016, 09:28 AM)Rotimi Wrote: The thread gave it away

lol I didn't even look at the thread just clicked the last post from main side....  Caritas_42
Charlie Daniels is the first choice left back & he was one of Bournemouth's best players last season

Tyrone Mings is also a left back & they just bought him a year ago as a record signing at the time for £8m but unluckily he only lasted 10+ minutes after coming on as a sub against Leicester before a season ending knee injury

I'm thinking Ake will be used as a utility player
pretty impressed with this lad's ability to score from defence...
he's scored 3 in 5 games since he got his chance to start & is undroppable now

Eddie's reshuffled the defence to fit him in by putting Francis (previously centre back) to right back & pushing Smith (previously right back) forward to right wing

Ake had a game or 2 in his favoured position at left back when Daniels (who also has an eye for goal & is great at crossing the ball) was out injured but is now playing left-sided centre back

I watched him intently last tuesday against Leicester & alongside Cook (the other centre back) I don't recall either of them making a mistake for the entire game

unfortunately the forwards aren't scoring consistently this season with Wilson & Afobe both being used as a single striker where they appear isolated to me.
I'd love to see both of them play in a 3-5-2/5-3-2 formation...
with Ake/Cook/Francis playing as the defensive 3 & Daniels/Smith being wing backs then Arter/Wilshere +1 in midfield
(19-12-2016, 08:39 PM)Southside Wrote: pretty impressed with this lad's ability to score from defence...
he's scored 3 in 5 games since he got his chance to start & is undroppable now

Eddie's reshuffled the defence to fit him in by putting Francis (previously centre back) to right back & pushing Smith (previously right back) forward to right wing

Ake had a game or 2 in his favoured position at left back when Daniels (who also has an eye for goal & is great at crossing the ball) was out injured but is now playing left-sided centre back

I watched him intently last tuesday against Leicester & alongside Cook (the other centre back) I don't recall either of them making a mistake for the entire game

unfortunately the forwards aren't scoring consistently this season with Wilson & Afobe both being used as a single striker where they appear isolated to me.
I'd love to see both of them play in a 3-5-2/5-3-2 formation...
with Ake/Cook/Francis playing as the defensive 3 & Daniels/Smith being wing backs then Arter/Wilshere +1 in midfield
Si, he's primarily a centreback (played his whole youth career there at Chelsea) and has played as a defensive midfielder too but it was only at Watford he played at left back. just hoping that when he comes back he gets the chance he deserves
If you didn't see it with your own eyes, and hear it with your own ears. Don't invent it with your small mind or share it with your big gob!
Cahill seems the obvious choice for him to replace in the long term then

Francis also plays both positions on the right side of defence which is why I think Bournemouth could play 3 at the back as apart from Cook they're all adaptable
I don't think Conte will change until it goes pear-shaped. I just hope he doesn't go out and pay 50 mil for another average player when we have the likes of Ake, Chalobah & christensen
If you didn't see it with your own eyes, and hear it with your own ears. Don't invent it with your small mind or share it with your big gob!
all good things come to an end it seems

tremendous spell of form in a Bournemouth shirt from the lad while it lasted

can we have JT on loan (after his ban) instead then
Would be such a waste if he didn't get a game following his recall.
I'm not sure Ake will be pleased about this cos I think he's gonna end up getting a sore arse and he doesn't deserve that
I'm absolutely delighted to see Ake's rejoined the cherries in a reported £20m record deal

surprised Chelsea have let him go but they've got a habit of not giving youth a chance...
maybe he's got a buy back clause to avoid another Lukaku type incident

Eddie Howe means business this season