Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Woy Hodgson
So, Mr Roy Hodgson is England's problem?
When has England's problem never been the manager?
Anyway if Roy truly was the problem I suppose we can now expect results and especially performances to improve now that he's gone

Everone was cheering when Sven Goran Erikson took over and then later Fabio Capello. "At last England is getting a world-class coach", we were told.
That is, until results started going wrong...

The only manager who was highly thought of was Bobby Robson...and that was only after he left and purely based on the intoxication of Italia 90 where England were very unlucky to be knocked out by Germany(who they had dominated) but after being very lucky to reach those semis in the first place!
(30-06-2016, 04:19 AM)Don-a-dhoni Wrote: So, Mr Roy Hodgson is England's problem?
When has England's problem never been the manager?
Anyway if Roy truly was the problem I suppose we can now expect results and especially performances to improve now that he's gone

Everone was cheering when Sven Goran Erikson took over and then later Fabio Capello. "At last England is getting a world-class coach", we were told.
That is, until results started going wrong...

The only manager who was highly thought of was Bobby Robson...and that was only after he left and purely based on the intoxication of Italia 90 where England were very unlucky to be knocked out by Germany(who they had dominated) but after being very lucky to reach those semis in the first place!

I certainly wasn't, and the only managers I've rated as England managers since Ramsey, were Joe Mercer (caretaker) Terry Venables and Glenn Hoddle. Robson was very lucky as you say. 
Come on Don, Hodgsons tactics and team selection were bizarre to say the least. Rooney is still our best striker, Kane taking corners, picking Wilshere and Sterling who had hardly played then picking Sterling again after two pathetic displays, changing half the side against Slovakia and dropping your captain, Taking your captain off against Russia, Playing Sturridge far too deep, leaving our 2 most skillful footballers on the bench. These are just off the top of my head but really, he totally bottled it.
If you didn't see it with your own eyes, and hear it with your own ears. Don't invent it with your small mind or share it with your big gob!
I completely agree with Don. You had to beat Iceland with or without Hodson. The footballers are the only ones to blame.
Rooney is NOT still your best striker, Sturridge is. But Rooney certainly is also not a top midfielder.
Dropping Lallana when Lallana was the one actually performing well..
I was talking that all along. For sure he's unable to score but he creates and has chances.
Sturridge was the only one who found gaps when they had to attack a bus. I agree with that, Sturridge was your best option and I agree with the one that said Carroll could have been a respectable option i you were going to cross balls all the time. Disagree with your Lallana opinions.
I for one disagree with Sturridge. For me he holds on to the ball too long and is selfish.
True. He needs to improve decision making, but his ability is incredible, and he's the only one capable of being effective in tight spaces. Kane, Vardy certainly are not.
I disagree with the one is disagree with my opinion about Sturridge.