The Footy Chat - Football Forum
Looks Like I was Wrong About Pep... - Printable Version

+- The Footy Chat - Football Forum (http://thefootychat.com)
+-- Forum: The Footy Chat (http://thefootychat.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: The Premier League (http://thefootychat.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+---- Forum: Manchester United (http://thefootychat.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Thread: Looks Like I was Wrong About Pep... (/showthread.php?tid=11692)

Pages: 1 2

Looks Like I was Wrong About Pep... - ***** - 07-11-2017

Yes I know this is the Utd  page etc...it's just MCFC don't seem to have any posters here...and seeing as you are all from Manchester  (well at least they are lol ) ...

Any way  I have to say  Pep really has the PL sussed out (so far this season ) and is making Jose look a right boring big gob to boot...the media are almost willing him and his team on ...

So my apologies to Pep for my doubts last season ...what neutral couldn't admire his panache...his flair ...his ...well yes his ...elan ...I won't go on... as any more would be pontificating... and that just wouldn't do !!!

RE: Looks Like I was Wrong About Pep... - Rotimi - 07-11-2017

I see you've joined the queue of the Pep fawners(if there's such a word). He hadn't sussed anything out yet, at least not until he actually wins something. The games will be coming in thick and fast soon and then we'll really see the stuff he's made of.
We've always known Jose to be a major moaner so there's nothing new there. The only reason he's always had the big jobs is because he has always delivered, same as Pep. This season is still playing out so I'd wait a bit before jumping on the band wagon.

RE: Looks Like I was Wrong About Pep... - Chikito.Sexappeal - 07-11-2017

I think I am the guy most time spent in Manchester lol

Bayern is right when he says Guardiola builds for the future, he had enough personality to build against some public Englander opinion. Moureen burns all the combustible and will jump the ship whatever happens, I think he is trying to land in PSG, and honestly, United don't deserve a fucking idiot like this man.

RE: I type in the present tense only... - ***** - 07-11-2017

Of course mentioning Pep and MCFC's  success  right now... is only to point out  a state that currently or generally exists...not in the 'future tense'   and to   assume my words were 'future tense'... would imo be a freudian slip... exposing what was probably a  latent paranoid fear of  the decline of Utd...

''I'd wait a bit before jumping on the band wagon''     bandwagons in footy are not my thing... I can assure you !  

...Just to help  you to be slightly more objective  about my post  ... ''(so far this season )''     ''Looks Like I Was Wrong''  

Fair points. I was only picking up on the doubts you were apologizing for because they may very well be correct. They were also excellent this time last season but things later got rough. If they end up winning the title, then it would be a job well done but I'm not giving it to them just yet.
As for United's apparent decline, I don't think any objective United fan thinks they're word beaters now. Things are rough but I wouldn't call it "decline" at the moment. Besides, we were at the top of the tree for a long while, I don't think a few years with a few cup wins is too bad.

(07-11-2017, 02:33 PM)Chikito.Sexappeal Wrote: I think I am the guy most time spent in Manchester lol

Bayern is right when he says Guardiola builds for the future, he had enough personality to build against some public Englander opinion. Moureen burns all the combustible and will jump the ship whatever happens, I think he is trying to land in PSG, and honestly, United don't deserve a fucking idiot like this man.

You want a medal for that?

RE: Looks Like I was Wrong About Pep... - Chikito.Sexappeal - 07-11-2017

No, I don't want a medal for that, the fact I got much more respect for Madridistas from Nigerian than the local ones like me, the Englanders used to think the contrary.

RE: This Season and Last Season... - ***** - 08-11-2017

[Image: 23380141_1532672843468534_65826206705501...e=5A6A849D]

...As we can see this time last season ...MCFC were  jostling for third place with AFC...hardly  a reason for popping champagne corks ... 

Indeed the MCFC of this season shows signs of a clearer understanding  of the PL  as far as Pep is concerned ! 

Nov. 2016  I wouldn't have given them much chance of keeping a clean sheet against anyone...

Clearly a much improved outfit !

RE: Looks Like I was Wrong About Pep... - Chikito.Sexappeal - 08-11-2017

They are 8 points behind the top like last year.

RE: Looks Like I was Wrong About Pep... - bayern - 08-11-2017

And have the same bus driver!